CrossRoad Church exists to “connect people to Jesus so that lives are changed now and forever.”
The mission of CrossRoad Church is simple and clear while the vision for CrossRoad is a prayerful dream of what God will do in building a new church in north Mississippi. This dream is an ongoing work — as more people join the CrossRoad journey we know the vision will be adjusted and the details will become more specific. But even as the vision slowly comes into clearer focus, the mission of CrossRoad will not change. CrossRoad Church will be about the work of “Connecting People to Jesus so that lives are changed now and forever.” You are invited to join us in this mission and we hope you will be part of shaping the vision for CrossRoad Church for many years to come.
A Vision for CrossRoad Church
Imagine a community and a place where . . .
- people from different backgrounds, life situations and generations connect to enjoy each other, to learn from one another and to support and encourage each other through life’s journey.
- the ancient truth of God and his Word are taught and applied in practical and relevant ways for 21st century people.
- people are making a difference in our community and world by serving others in significant hands-on ways.
- children, youth and parents from every background and situation are excited about church and are offered the resources, support and training they need to be the families God intends them to be.
- people who don’t like church are warmly welcomed and made to feel comfortable.
- people make new friends and are eager to invite friends and family members to experience the CrossRoad community.
- people gather for joyful worship, embracing the technology of the time without disregarding the good and helpful traditions of previous generations.
The Values of CrossRoad Church
- Acceptance - Where everyone or anyone is welcomed and accepted- no matter their situation, background or history.
- Practical Service - Serves others in practical, hands-on ways so that lives are changed and transformed in our community, our region and the world
- Children and Families - That loves kids and their families – no matter their size or situation and provides resources and encouragement for real life.
- The Word of God – We are deeply committed to grace-filled application of God’s Word to our lives and to the life of our community of faith.
- Historic Christianity- We are committed to the historic faith of the Christian church and we understand that faith through the prism of historic Lutheranism (Justification by Grace through Faith; Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Scripture Alone, Christ Alone; A Sacramental Understanding of God’s Interaction with Us)